EAGLE Central Forums
Where the EAGLE community meets. Sponsored by Stratford Digital.

Home » CadSoft Support Forums » eagle.support.eng » Gerber question
Gerber question [message #168209] Wed, 04 January 2017 18:23 Go to next message
Steve Kirkman
Messages: 1
Registered: January 2017
Junior Member
When running gerb274x-milll-drill.cam, I get a warning:  "layer Drills is active but layer Holes is not active.  Is this OK?"
I imagine it's not OK, but don't know.  How do I get the Holes layer active?
It is one of the viewable layers on the PCB, so that's not the issue.

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/212319
Re: Gerber question [message #168211 is a reply to message #168209] Thu, 05 January 2017 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Morten Leikvoll
Messages: 1343
Registered: November 2007
Senior Member
On 04.01.2017 19:23, Steve Kirkman wrote:
> When running gerb274x-milll-drill.cam, I get a warning: "layer Drills is active but layer Holes is not active. Is this OK?"
> I imagine it's not OK, but don't know. How do I get the Holes layer active?
> It is one of the viewable layers on the PCB, so that's not the issue.

Drills cover via and pads. Holes cover non plated holes (drawn with the
hole command). I guess the default .cam jobs have them both generated
into one file, but my personal .cam version separate plated holes and
non plated holes into separate gerbers, at the cost of this annoying
message.
Re: Gerber question [message #168214 is a reply to message #168211] Thu, 05 January 2017 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Friedrich Bleikamp
Messages: 78
Registered: August 2005
Member
Am 05.01.2017 um 09:33 schrieb Morten Leikvoll:
> On 04.01.2017 19:23, Steve Kirkman wrote:
>> When running gerb274x-milll-drill.cam, I get a warning: "layer Drills is active but layer Holes is not active. Is this OK?"
>> I imagine it's not OK, but don't know. How do I get the Holes layer active?
>> It is one of the viewable layers on the PCB, so that's not the issue.
>
> Drills cover via and pads. Holes cover non plated holes (drawn with the
> hole command). I guess the default .cam jobs have them both generated
> into one file,

No, gerb274x-milll-drill.cam has files for plated holes in
<boardname>.dpv and none plated holes in <boardname>.drh

Freundliche Grüße / Kind regards
Friedrich
-----------------------------------------------
.... use NNTP://news.cadsoft.de and a
functional news reader like Thunderbird!
.... or http://www.eaglecentral.ca
browser access to CadSoft EAGLE support forums.
Re: Gerber question [message #168216 is a reply to message #168214] Thu, 05 January 2017 10:31 Go to previous message
Morten Leikvoll
Messages: 1343
Registered: November 2007
Senior Member
On 05.01.2017 10:30, Friedrich Bleikamp wrote:
> Am 05.01.2017 um 09:33 schrieb Morten Leikvoll:
>> On 04.01.2017 19:23, Steve Kirkman wrote:
>>> When running gerb274x-milll-drill.cam, I get a warning: "layer Drills is active but layer Holes is not active. Is this OK?"
>>> I imagine it's not OK, but don't know. How do I get the Holes layer active?
>>> It is one of the viewable layers on the PCB, so that's not the issue.
>>
>> Drills cover via and pads. Holes cover non plated holes (drawn with the
>> hole command). I guess the default .cam jobs have them both generated
>> into one file,
>
> No, gerb274x-milll-drill.cam has files for plated holes in
> <boardname>.dpv and none plated holes in <boardname>.drh
>
> Freundliche Grüße / Kind regards
> Friedrich

Ah right, thanks. I never used that .cam so I was just assuming it
behaved like the excellon.cam. We can only speculate where that warning
comes from, but it originates from a time where holes were holes, plated
or not. You can ignore it at will..
Previous Topic: Command Term to Affix the Position of Related Components
Next Topic: dxf boardoutline
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Apr 23 15:52:20 GMT 2017