|EAGLE version 7.6 released! [message #165724]
||Wed, 18 May 2016 10:06
Registered: August 2010
A new version of EAGLE is now available for download at|
The changes since the previous version are:
- Since EAGLE requires OS X 10.8 or higher on MAC which are all 64 bit OS,
we are no longer providing the 32 bit version for MAC.
* EDIT command:
- Now the EDIT command allows changing to the proper editor window with
'edit .sch' and 'edit .brd' even in the library editor.
* USE command:
- Extended syntax for USE to unuse a specific library (use -a.lbr).
- The USE command can now also be called in the library editor (although the
list of used libraries is only relevant in schematic or board editor).
- Ensuring the requested precision on linear dimension values even if there
are trailing zeroes.
- Now the net class is copied if a signal polygon is renamed to a new signal.
- Termination of EAGLE by watchdog if the improper 'eagle.exe' is used together
with the CAM processor option '-X'.
- The User Language dialog object dlgTabWidget now accepts a parameter 'Index';
it has to be an integer variable and can be used to set the initial
dlgTabPage and to get the index of the current dlgTabPage.
- Added a note to help about eaglecon.exe including a warning regarding
the closing of it.
- Avoiding unintended deletion of several MUST gates w/o using Shift+Left.
- Added a 'save-brd-variants.ulp' which can be used to save a board file for
each assembly variant (may be used to prepare CAM output).
- Added entry 'DXF' to File/Import sub menu of the library editor in package
or symbol edit mode.
- The color entries #7 (DARKGRAY) of the white and the colored palette
have been changed to darker values; the same applies to 'defaultcolors.scr'.
- Changed UPDATE behavior for variable attributes: retaining changes in
schematic and board.
- Added an option to textually display the via length. It can be set in the
Settings dialog under 'Misc' or with 'SET Option.ViaLength 1|0'.
- Improved support for high DPI displays: providing the high
resolution for enlarged icons and dialog texts.
- Added a note to help for COPY of library objects regarding paths.
- Improved error message when a CAM job or section is tried to start but no
board or schematic is loaded.
- Added auto connection of ports if MOVEing them on each other.
- Added exp-palette.ulp for exporting the color palettes to an EAGLE script.
- Improved construction of a polygon: now the last wire piece can be removed
with the escape key.
- Avoiding drag&drop in Control Panel by unintended click of the mouse wheel
- Added a warning about connections from a contact to several signals while
loading a board (there's no known way to achieve this illegal state within
- Now the OPTIMIZE command is available in all drawing editor types apart from
the device editor.
- The groupwise moving of smashed texts of a locked element is now inhibited
only if the element is included in the moved group, too.
- Added cross probing (highlighting) of signals to a module net that has
generated the corresponding signal(s) completely.
- CAM Processor: when running 'Process Job' it is being checked if the job covers
the Layer Setup.
- Taking into account connected ports to avoid 'Only one pin on net' ERC
- Added Use and Un-Use buttons (with tool tips) in the ADD dialog to
countervail the (since V7.3) missing Drop button.
- Fix for wrong splitter position in device edit mode that could appear after
switching between different edit modes in library editor.
- Fix for EAGLE in command line mode: it could happen that a given command
sequence (option -C) was executed in the wrong editor window.
- Made the return key in Control Panel work again for activation of
- Fix for a parse error if in a CAM job description the sequence '="' was used.
- Avoiding references to ports of wrong type in bus or net segments.
- Fix to avoid pending file locks if EAGLE is closed over 'close all windows'
in the taskbar.
- Marking lock files as hidden also on Windows.
- Fix for window positions and other project settings not stored on MAC if
EAGLE was closed with 'Quit' in the application menu.
- Fixed drawing SMDs with roundness, if printing with option ROTATE.
- Avoiding temporary (not intended) mirroring of gates with the middle mouse
button when moving them in the device editor.
- Ensuring the proper device (package variant), if automatically changing into
the invoke mode while adding a device.
- bom.ulp: Fixed handling descriptions containing TAB characters.
- Changed handling of package names in the UPDATE command used in a library
to case insensitive (syntax 'UPDATE package_name@library_name').
- Added validation of bus name when it is changed by command line with
- Ensuring proper cap style if constructing a new ARC.
- Made the popup menus for parameterbar, toolbar and commandbar buttons work
again on MAC.
- Denying renaming or deletion of a file in the Control Panel if a corresponding
lock file exists.
- Printing: fixed possibly missing caption and offsetted image on Windows.
- Fixed a possible inconsistency after library update with device sets involved
that couldn't be found in the new library and other special conditions.
- Fixed possible graphical artefacts when copying parts or elements by
GROUP/CUT/PASTE or COPY of a group.
- Fix for printing of non solid color fill styles to PDF.
- Made printing of non solid fill styles work again on Linux; clearer
output also on MAC.
- Fixed ADD dialog: no longer ignoring the first selection after clearing
the search field.
- Ensuring that only a schematic is imported into an existing module
(PASTE from file). It was possible to import a schematic/board pair
which lead to inconsistency.
- Fixed ULP filesize function for non existing files (now 0 is returned).
- Fixed dlgListView to execute the statement only if a valid item was
- Now dlgListView sets the parameter 'Selected' to -1 if nothing is selected
- Avoiding a crash if trying to ROTATE a locked element with Click&Drag.
- Avoiding a locked element to become invisible if trying to MOVE it by
name (input e.g. 'move X10').
- Fixed f/b annotation if deleting a connection to a power pin and the gate
of this pin is placed in a module.
- Fixed unjustified ERC error message regarding an incompatibility of HIZ
pins on a net which is exported by a module with a PWR port.
- Avoiding a file locking conflict (timing issue) during library export.
- Fixed loss of the net wire if moving already connected ports on each other and
separating them again.
- Avoiding a too early deactivation of automatic confirmation mode during QUIT
(to avoid an undesired message stopping QUIT).
- Fixed generation of net wires if changing a module with direct connection
of port to port or pin.
- Fixed saving XML texts in drawings: drop invalid characters entered as texts
or descriptions (e.g by copy&paste).
- Improved validation of the port name if setting up a new port.
- Made UPDATEing libraries work with several dots like 'abc.ok.lbr'.
- Fixed drawing of mirrored or rotated frames.
- Changed handling of signal names in the OPTIMIZE command to case insensitive.
- Fixed ROUTE command with differential pairs; sometimes the initial wire
width was wrong.
- Avoiding a stuck progress bar if terminating a ULP with an exit code
within a script.
- Fixed possibly wrong window positions in case of a multi monitor setup on
Windows; improved handling of window restoration for multi monitor setup.
- Fixed a misinterpretation of colons in a sheet description; switching to
such a sheet with the sheet combobox didn't work.
- Fixed vanishing of smashed texts during MOVE of a group if the associated
element is locked.
- Fixed update of sheet thumbnails after adding a PORT.
- Fixed WINDOW FIT due to wrong calculation of the bounding box regarding
the cross-reference display area on MUST gates; only gates with text place-
holder '>XREF' are taken into account.
- Avoiding use of the colon for modules and module prefixes. It is reserved
as hierarchical name separator.
- Fixed net renaming issue: Renaming a net with segments on several sheets
over the INFO dialog could lead to inconsistency and empty net names.
CadSoft Computer GmbH
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Traunstein HRB 5573
Geschäftsführer: Mark Whiteling