EAGLE Central Forums
Where the EAGLE community meets. Sponsored by Stratford Digital.

Home » CadSoft Support Forums » eagle.betatest » ingroup(_) detection for signals does not work for other than N$1
ingroup(_) detection for signals does not work for other than N$1 [message #157173] Sun, 24 August 2014 08:25 Go to next message
warrenbrayshaw
Messages: 1742
Registered: January 2010
Location: New Zealand
Senior Member
There is a bug in v6.6 that manifests itself when running a ULP that is
written to detect if a SIGNAL is in a group.

In a BOARD if you select a routed trace and place it into a group the
signal of that selected trace will only be ingroup if it is called N$1.
Any other signal names never return true for ingroup().


Warren
Re: ingroup(_) detection for signals does not work for other than N$1 [message #157179 is a reply to message #157173] Mon, 25 August 2014 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenz
Messages: 642
Registered: December 2006
Senior Member
warrenbrayshaw wrote:
> There is a bug in v6.6 that manifests itself when running a ULP that is
> written to detect if a SIGNAL is in a group.
>
> In a BOARD if you select a routed trace and place it into a group the
> signal of that selected trace will only be ingroup if it is called N$1.
> Any other signal names never return true for ingroup().

I tried to reproduce that behaviour (6.6 here too), but my test code:

string s;
board(B)
B.signals(S)
if (ingroup(S))
s += "\n" + S.name;
dlgMessageBox(s);

works as expected.
--

Lorenz
Re: ingroup(_) detection for signals does not work for other than N$1 [message #157183 is a reply to message #157179] Mon, 25 August 2014 08:59 Go to previous message
warrenbrayshaw
Messages: 1742
Registered: January 2010
Location: New Zealand
Senior Member
On 25/08/2014 7:15 p.m., Lorenz wrote:

>
> I tried to reproduce that behaviour (6.6 here too), but my test code:
>
> string s;
> board(B)
> B.signals(S)
> if (ingroup(S))
> s += "\n" + S.name;
> dlgMessageBox(s);
>
> works as expected.
>

Yes, your code works for me to.

It took me a long while to find the problem. In an effort to reduce the
amount of time I spent processing irrelevant signals I used a 'break' in
a couple of places so I was breaking out of the loop prematurely if the
first net was not in the group. Hence only N$1 worked.

Apologies to all
Warren
Previous Topic: Version 7.0 licensing
Next Topic: Beta version 7.1.1 available
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue May 23 22:36:12 GMT 2017