EAGLE Central Forums
Where the EAGLE community meets. Sponsored by Stratford Digital.

Home » CadSoft Support Forums » eagle.support.eng » bulk disapprove of ERC errors?
bulk disapprove of ERC errors? [message #146696] Thu, 05 July 2012 19:27 Go to next message
Oppie[2]
Messages: 193
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
Eagle 5.11

Working on a new version of an old board. Got about 200 "errors" that were
reviewed and approved. Now I want to go back and review everything from
scratch. What is the best way to do this?

If I pull up the DRC errors, I can see the approved ones and disapprove them
individually. Is there a way to do this in bulk?

tia - Oppie
Re: bulk disapprove of ERC errors? [message #146699 is a reply to message #146696] Fri, 06 July 2012 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tilmann Reh
Messages: 2068
Registered: October 2004
Senior Member
Oppie schrieb:

> Eagle 5.11
>
> Working on a new version of an old board. Got about 200 "errors" that were
> reviewed and approved. Now I want to go back and review everything from
> scratch. What is the best way to do this?
>
> If I pull up the DRC errors, I can see the approved ones and disapprove them
> individually. Is there a way to do this in bulk?

Interesting question ... I don't know of a direct way.

Workaround: GROUP all, and then move the complete design by some amount.
(Maybe you move it back later.) Since the approval marks are related to
the object coordinates, the next DRC will detect all errors again.

Tilmann
Re: bulk disapprove of ERC errors? [message #146701 is a reply to message #146699] Fri, 06 July 2012 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrenbrayshaw
Messages: 1767
Registered: January 2010
Location: New Zealand
Senior Member
Tilmann Reh wrote:
> Oppie schrieb:
>
>> Eagle 5.11
>>
>> Working on a new version of an old board. Got about 200 "errors"
>> that were reviewed and approved. Now I want to go back and review
>> everything from scratch. What is the best way to do this?
>>
>> If I pull up the DRC errors, I can see the approved ones and
>> disapprove them individually. Is there a way to do this in bulk?
>
> Interesting question ... I don't know of a direct way.
>
> Workaround: GROUP all, and then move the complete design by some
> amount. (Maybe you move it back later.) Since the approval marks are
> related to the object coordinates, the next DRC will detect all
> errors again.
>
> Tilmann

I investigated Tilmann's suggestion and found it only works if you don't
return the design to the original position. Even saving the moved design and
reopening the board, the approved errors are still within the design file so
if you then position the board back to its original position, the approved
list reappears.Still qualifies as a work around though :)

Warren

--
Viewed / responded via the newsgroup at
news.cadsoft.de
Re: bulk disapprove of ERC errors? [message #146702 is a reply to message #146701] Fri, 06 July 2012 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tilmann Reh
Messages: 2068
Registered: October 2004
Senior Member
Warren Brayshaw schrieb:

> I investigated Tilmann's suggestion and found it only works if you don't
> return the design to the original position. Even saving the moved design and
> reopening the board, the approved errors are still within the design file so
> if you then position the board back to its original position, the approved
> list reappears.Still qualifies as a work around though :)

You need to run DRC after the first move - I think that will remove all
approvals of the old positions.
After that, you can move back and then run DRC again.

Tilmann
Re: bulk disapprove of ERC errors? [message #146708 is a reply to message #146702] Fri, 06 July 2012 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrenbrayshaw
Messages: 1767
Registered: January 2010
Location: New Zealand
Senior Member
Tilmann Reh wrote:
> Warren Brayshaw schrieb:
>
>> I investigated Tilmann's suggestion and found it only works if you
>> don't return the design to the original position. Even saving the
>> moved design and reopening the board, the approved errors are still
>> within the design file so if you then position the board back to its
>> original position, the approved list reappears.Still qualifies as a
>> work around though :)
>
> You need to run DRC after the first move - I think that will remove
> all approvals of the old positions.
> After that, you can move back and then run DRC again.
>
> Tilmann

Doesn't seem to. I thought that it would work that way as well. The approved
list is somewhat protected and unless you specifically unapprove items they
remain in the design file.

DRC
'Approve the error'
Group all
Move(>0 0)(1 1)
DRC....'Note the return of your original error'
Move(>1 1)(0 0 )
DRC
the approved error has reappeared


HTH
Warren
--
Viewed / responded via the newsgroup at
news.cadsoft.de
Re: bulk disapprove of ERC errors? [message #146741 is a reply to message #146708] Mon, 09 July 2012 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tilmann Reh
Messages: 2068
Registered: October 2004
Senior Member
Warren Brayshaw schrieb:

>> You need to run DRC after the first move - I think that will remove
>> all approvals of the old positions.
>> After that, you can move back and then run DRC again.
>
> Doesn't seem to. I thought that it would work that way as well. The approved
> list is somewhat protected and unless you specifically unapprove items they
> remain in the design file.

So every time you want to freshly re-check the design, you need to move
it to a position where it has never been before...

Sorry to say this, but that's crap.

Tilmann
Re: bulk disapprove of ERC errors? [message #171450 is a reply to message #146741] Thu, 24 August 2017 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Jalbert
Messages: 1
Registered: August 2017
Junior Member
I found a way to do that.  Just rename your .BRD file to .XML then use a standard XML editor, and delete all <approve /> tags between the <errors> and </errors> tag and your approved errors are no longer approved! 

Hope this helps!

Eric

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/227639
Re: bulk disapprove of ERC errors? [message #171462 is a reply to message #146696] Fri, 25 August 2017 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joern Paschedag
Messages: 1455
Registered: August 2008
Senior Member
Am 05.07.2012 um 21:27 schrieb Oppie:
> Eagle 5.11
>
> Working on a new version of an old board. Got about 200 "errors" that
> were reviewed and approved. Now I want to go back and review everything
> from scratch. What is the best way to do this?
>
> If I pull up the DRC errors, I can see the approved ones and disapprove
> them individually. Is there a way to do this in bulk?
>
> tia - Oppie

Hi Oppie,
in case you still work with version 5 then get the latest 5.12.0
It has some features and can handle the U-parameter.
(read /doc / Update_eng.txt / Miscellaneous)
This allows you to change the position and the name of the eaglerc.usr
file,so you can run different versions of eagle.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards

Joern Paschedag
Re: bulk disapprove of ERC errors? [message #171464 is a reply to message #171450] Fri, 25 August 2017 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob Pearce
Messages: 484
Registered: September 2012
Senior Member
On 24/08/17 18:04, Eric Jalbert wrote:
> I found a way to do that. Just rename your .BRD file to .XML then use a standard XML editor, and delete all <approve /> tags between the <errors> and </errors> tag and your approved errors are no longer approved!
>
> Hope this helps!

The original question related to V5. Your method only works for V6 onward.
Re: bulk disapprove of ERC errors? [message #171508 is a reply to message #171450] Tue, 29 August 2017 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrenbrayshaw
Messages: 1767
Registered: January 2010
Location: New Zealand
Senior Member
On 25/08/2017 5:04 a.m., Eric Jalbert wrote:
> I found a way to do that.  Just rename your .BRD file to .XML then use a standard XML editor, and delete all <approve /> tags between the <errors> and </errors> tag and your approved errors are no longer approved!
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Eric


As there is not much with Eagle to entertain me these days, I created
the attached ULP.

With it and from the board editor you can unapprove,in bulk, all the DRC
errors you have previously approved. It makes those same changes to the
board XML while the board is displayed.

If the attached file does not make it to Element14, get it from
EagleCentral.

Enjoy
Warren


--
.... use NNTP://news.cadsoft.de and a functional news reader like
Thunderbird!
.... or http://www.eaglecentral.ca browser access to CadSoft EAGLE
support forums.


---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

#usage "<b>Unapprove all Errors</b>\n"
"<p>"
"Unapproves all errors previously approved during Design Rule Checks (DRC).<p>"
"Requires Eagle version 6.0.0 or later.<br>"
"<i>Tested using Eagle v6.6 and v7.7</i>"
"<p>"
"Use in the <u>board</u>:"
"<ul><li> RUN unapprove_all_errors</li></ul>"
"<p>"
"<author>Author: Warren Brayshaw</author>"

#require 6.00

// THIS PROGRAM IS PROVIDED AS IS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED

string ThisULP, shortULP, cmd, result, brdFile;
string opArray[];
string savedCode = "saved_wY3&n!qlS-^";
int i,j,state,sel;

//********************
void saveall(string ulp) //Saves the board and reruns the ulp with an argument of 'saved'
{
string cmd;
sprintf(cmd,"Write;\nRUN '%s' %s;",ulp,savedCode);
exit(cmd);
}
//********************
int contains(string line ,string tag)
{
if(strstr(line,tag)>=0) return 1;
else return 0;
}
//********************
int UpdateState(int state, string line)
{
// states are from 0 .. <board> --> 1..<errors> -->2 ..<approved --> 3 .. not<approved --> 2
if(state == 0){
if(contains(line ,"<board>"))return 1;
else return 0;
}
if(state == 1){
if(contains(line ,"<errors>"))return 2;
else return 1;
}
if(state == 2){
if(contains(line ,"<approved hash="))return 3;
else return 2;
}
if(state == 3){
if(!contains(line ,"<approved hash="))return 2;
else return 3;
}
}
//********************
void upDateFile(string target, int lines)
{
//open target
sprintf(result,"%s",target);
output(result, "wtF"){
for(i=0;i<j;i++){
printf("%s\n",opArray[i]);
}
}
}
//********************

if(!board){
dlgMessageBox("This ULP needs to be run in the Board Editor");
exit(0);
}
ThisULP = argv[0]; //get ULP name
shortULP = filename(ThisULP);
if(argc==1) saveall(ThisULP); //The ULP exits to save the board initially and then runs itself again
if(argv[1] != savedCode){
dlgMessageBox("Unexpected argument follows:\n RUN " + shortULP);
exit(0); //Exit ULP if argv[1] is not as expected
}
else{
//***read the board board file
board(B){
brdFile = B.name;
}
string lines[];
int nLines = fileread(lines, brdFile);
//parse the xml looking for
//<board>
//<errors>
//<approved hash= ....
//delete from xml the lines with <approved hash...
for (i=0;i<nLines;i++){
state = UpdateState(state,lines[i]); //Update state
if(state < 3) {
opArray[j] = lines[i];
j++;
}
}
upDateFile(brdFile,j);
sprintf(cmd,"EDIT '%s'\n",brdFile); //Redisplay board file (now has no approved errors)
exit(cmd);
}
Re: bulk disapprove of ERC errors? [message #171513 is a reply to message #146696] Tue, 29 August 2017 13:30 Go to previous message
CadSoft Support
Messages: 542
Registered: September 2006
Senior Member
On 05.07.2012 21:27, Oppie wrote:
> Eagle 5.11
>
> Working on a new version of an old board. Got about 200 "errors" that
> were reviewed and approved. Now I want to go back and review everything
> from scratch. What is the best way to do this?
>
> If I pull up the DRC errors, I can see the approved ones and disapprove
> them individually. Is there a way to do this in bulk?
>
> tia - Oppie


Hi,

just use the repeat function of the hotkey.
Select the first "Approved Error" in the Errors list and keep
Alt + A pressed until all errors are gone. It takes some time
but saves mouse clicks.


--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards
Richard Hammerl -- EAGLE Support
Previous Topic: Autodesk Eagle
Next Topic: Changing Computers
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 19 22:23:55 GMT 2017