EAGLE Central Forums
Where the EAGLE community meets. Sponsored by Stratford Digital.

Home » CadSoft Support Forums » eagle.userchat.eng » Multi-line Text for Value
Multi-line Text for Value [message #139705] Mon, 11 July 2011 00:41 Go to next message
Marvin Dawson
Messages: 28
Registered: May 2011
Junior Member
Is there anyway to make text fields (like Value) to use multiple lines?
We occasionally have long descriptions, and Eagle prints them in one
lone line. I have tried the standard <ctrl>-<enter> and \n, but no luck.
Re: Multi-line Text for Value [message #139714 is a reply to message #139705] Mon, 11 July 2011 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Hammerl
Messages: 2528
Registered: October 2004
Senior Member
Am 11.07.2011 02:41, schrieb Marvin Dawson:
> Is there anyway to make text fields (like Value) to use multiple lines?
> We occasionally have long descriptions, and Eagle prints them in one
> lone line. I have tried the standard <ctrl>-<enter> and \n, but no luck.

I am sorry, but this is currently not possible.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards
Richard Hammerl
CadSoft Support -- <private_email>
FAQ: http://www.cadsoft.de/faq.htm
Re: Multi-line Text for Value [message #170290 is a reply to message #139714] Thu, 20 April 2017 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Carbone
Messages: 3
Registered: August 2016
Junior Member
Hello,

Is that still not possible in version 7.7?

Thanks in advance

Michel

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/221021
Re: Multi-line Text for Value [message #170303 is a reply to message #170290] Fri, 21 April 2017 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chuck Huber
Messages: 593
Registered: October 2004
Senior Member
On 04/20/2017 08:58 AM, Michel Carbone wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is that still not possible in version 7.7?

It's possible. Run the TEXT command (or click the icon) to open the
dialog box. As you enter the text, use Shift-Enter to get to the next
line. Just below the text area, you'll see the hint.

HTH,
- Chuck
Re: Multi-line Text for Value [message #170311 is a reply to message #170303] Mon, 24 April 2017 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Rudolf
Messages: 181
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On 21.04.2017 15:41, Chuck Huber wrote:
> On 04/20/2017 08:58 AM, Michel Carbone wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is that still not possible in version 7.7?
>
> It's possible. Run the TEXT command (or click the icon) to open the
> dialog box. As you enter the text, use Shift-Enter to get to the next
> line. Just below the text area, you'll see the hint.
>
> HTH,
> - Chuck
>
He means for the value of a part. And AFAIK its not possible.
Re: Multi-line Text for Value [message #170312 is a reply to message #170311] Mon, 24 April 2017 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Carbone
Messages: 3
Registered: August 2016
Junior Member
Hello,

Yes my question was for fields like value of parts and also for attributes values

Michel

--
To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
https://www.element14.com/community/message/221191
Re: Multi-line Text for Value [message #170315 is a reply to message #170312] Mon, 24 April 2017 16:26 Go to previous message
Jorge Garcia
Messages: 1285
Registered: April 2010
Senior Member
On 4/24/2017 6:49 AM, Michel Carbone wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes my question was for fields like value of parts and also for attributes values
>
> Michel
>
> --
> To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:
> https://www.element14.com/community/message/221191
>

Hi Michel,

This is still not possible, not even in the new Autodesk EAGLE. It's one
of those small things that has been overshadowed by more involved features.

Additionally, I don't know if this makes sense for value. When
generating a BOM usually you get some form of spreadsheet and having
multiple lines might create issues there.

Could you describe what you are trying to do? That can help guide the
discussion towards a solution that gets you the result you want.

Best Regards,
Jorge Garcia

--
We have a new forum here <http://forums.autodesk.com>
Previous Topic: Eagle v8 licensing...
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Apr 26 00:18:34 GMT 2017