EAGLE Central Forums
Where the CadSoft EAGLE community meets.

Home » CadSoft Support Forums » eagle.support.eng » Problems with Group Copy
Problems with Group Copy [message #114299] Sat, 09 February 2008 02:24 Go to next message
Nathan Lowrie
Messages: 4
Registered: February 2008
Junior Member
I want to copy a group of objects in a schematic. I do a GROUP
operation on the objects. Then I do a CUT operation. I do a PASTE
operation and when I left click on the schematic to paste I get a
warning that says "Skipped Unsuitable Objects" and nothing happens. The
objects in question are a header connector, some nets and supply
symbols. Can someone shed some light on why I am getting this error?

Cheers,

Nate L.
Re: Problems with Group Copy [message #114300 is a reply to message #114299] Sat, 09 February 2008 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eSilviu
Messages: 552
Registered: July 2007
Senior Member
because you could only cut/paste FROM-TO a schematic, or FROM-TO a board, or
FROM-TO library.
don't mess things!


"Nathan Lowrie" <solodex2151@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fojkei$r3q$1@cheetah.cadsoft.de...
>I want to copy a group of objects in a schematic. I do a GROUP operation
>on the objects. Then I do a CUT operation. I do a PASTE operation and
>when I left click on the schematic to paste I get a warning that says
>"Skipped Unsuitable Objects" and nothing happens. The objects in question
>are a header connector, some nets and supply symbols. Can someone shed
>some light on why I am getting this error?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nate L.
>
Re: Problems with Group Copy [message #114301 is a reply to message #114300] Sat, 09 February 2008 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nathan Lowrie
Messages: 4
Registered: February 2008
Junior Member
eSilviu wrote:
> because you could only cut/paste FROM-TO a schematic, or FROM-TO a board, or
> FROM-TO library.
> don't mess things!

I am copying FROM a schematic TO the same schematic when I get this error.

>
>
> "Nathan Lowrie" <solodex2151@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:fojkei$r3q$1@cheetah.cadsoft.de...
>> I want to copy a group of objects in a schematic. I do a GROUP operation
>> on the objects. Then I do a CUT operation. I do a PASTE operation and
>> when I left click on the schematic to paste I get a warning that says
>> "Skipped Unsuitable Objects" and nothing happens. The objects in question
>> are a header connector, some nets and supply symbols. Can someone shed
>> some light on why I am getting this error?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Nate L.
>>
>
>
Re: Problems with Group Copy [message #114302 is a reply to message #114299] Sat, 09 February 2008 03:27 Go to previous message
Grzegorz Zalot
Messages: 675
Registered: November 2004
Senior Member
Hello Nathan Lowrie !:

> I want to copy a group of objects in a schematic. I do a GROUP
> operation on the objects. Then I do a CUT operation. I do a PASTE
> operation and when I left click on the schematic to paste I get a
> warning that says "Skipped Unsuitable Objects" and nothing happens. The
> objects in question are a header connector, some nets and supply
> symbols. Can someone shed some light on why I am getting this error?

Could you send us an example ?

I am using very very often copying of schematic parts without any
problems. The error what you get is typically a sigh for some elements
in layer not dedicated for schematic.

Of course you should have the sch layers switched on before grouping.

regards
--
Grzegorz Zalot

complex ltd.
office tel/fax : +48 32 2505840
mobil : +48 501 301515

http://www.complex.org.pl/
Previous Topic: DeMorgan's Equivalent for NAND/NOR?
Next Topic: Custom Library not in ADD list
Goto Forum: